Last updated 27/04/2021
Despite the easing of lockdown in London with other shops beginning to open up, we are still unable to have owners into the clinic as social distancing is not possible in reception area or in the consult rooms. We will continue to speak to clients outside in the fresh air where the risk of transmission of Covid-19 is lower. This decision has been made for the safety of our clients and staff. These protocols will be reviewed as restrictions change, but are expected to remain in place for the foreseeable future. Whilst we are unable to have owners into the clinic, we are still offering our usual appointment service whilst trying to limit footfall to the clinic where possible. We ask you to wear a facemask when visiting the clinic.
- We are initially offering phone consultations with one of our veterinary surgeons for non-emergency conditions.
- The standard fee will apply for these consultations. This includes dropping your pet in should the vet decide they need to be seen.
- If it is something that can be treated over the phone, the vet will dispense the necessary treatment for you to collect from the clinic.
- For emergencies and urgent care cases, our nurses will book you in directly for a drop off consultation at a specific time.
- One of our veterinary staff will collect your pet at the front door. We will ask you to wait outside the clinic whilst the vet examines your pet.
- The vet will then either phone your mobile or come to speak to you outside the clinic with the appropriate PPE.
- We are asking for card payments where possible, one of our veterinary staff will bring the card machine to you at the door.
Our phone lines have been extremely busy recently and some of our clients have found it difficult to get through. We have been working hard to answer every phone call and we have added in extra phone lines to try to allow more clients to get through. Our busiest time is when the clinic opens at 9am, so if your concern is not urgent, please try calling after 10am.
Additionally, we are currently receiving hundreds of emails every week with different requests, and sometimes we are unable to respond to each email the same day. As we are closed on weekends currently, should you email on a Saturday or Sunday, we will be unable to respond to these until the next week. We will do everything we can to respond as quickly as possible.
Please keep safe and bear with us during these challenging times.
The Hackney Vet